A group project based on a client brief from FuturLab.
Platform: Playstation Vita Engine: Sony's PhyreEngine (C++) Role: Lead / Programmer / Designer Development: Uni
The game follows the story of Riko, an ex-Quarp Jet tester turned bounty hunter as she tracks down criminals through a neon city. Set before the events of Velocity 2X, Riko makes use of experimental teleportation which allows her to swap with energy crates.
Worked within a team of eight people from all disciplines to create a 2D puzzle platformer prototype within FuturLab’s Velocity universe.
- Worked with core PhyreEngine functionality throughout as the architect of the project's base systems
- Managed task breakdown & allocation for myself and the two gameplay programmers on the team
- Handled communication between the programming team and the other disciplines
- Supported the artists & audio designer by ensuring their assets were properly implemented
- Worked closely with the game designer on level design & gameplay iterations
- Optimising for PS Vita
- Managed Perforce source code repository
Matthew Cormack – Engine/Lead Programmer
Cass Bennett - Gameplay Programmer
Craig Smith - Gameplay Programmer
Adam McArthur - Lead Artist
Karolina Jacobsson - Artist
Bev Campbell - Character Designer & Animator
Gerard McCullough - Producer
Georgi Trenev - Designer
Cameron Brown - Audio Designer
Andrew Dodds – Composer
|2D, CONSOLE, OPTIMISATION, PLATFORMER, SINGLEPLAYER, UNIVERSITY,|