A group project based on a client brief from FuturLab.
Platform: PlayStation Vita
The game follows the story of Riko, an ex-Quarp Jet tester turned bounty hunter as she tracks down criminals through a neon city. Set before the events of Velocity 2X, Riko makes use of experimental teleportation which allows her to swap with energy crates.
Worked within a team of eight people from all disciplines to create a 2D puzzle platformer prototype within FuturLab’s Velocity universe.
- Worked with core PhyreEngine functionality throughout as the architect of the project’s base systems
- Managed task breakdown & allocation for myself and the two gameplay programmers on the team
- Handled communication between the programming team and the other disciplines
- Supported the artists & audio designer by ensuring their assets were properly implemented
- Worked closely with the game designer on level design & gameplay iterations
- Managed Perforce source code repository
Private Perforce Repository
Team (Neon Gecko):
Cass Bennett (@DalishCassassin) – Gameplay Programmer
Craig Smith – Gameplay Programmer
Adam McArthur – Lead Artist
Bev Campbell (@BandiBev) – Character Designer & Animator
Georgi Trenev (@Dealey) – Designer
Cameron Brown – Audio Designer
Andrew Dodds – Composer